“Bebe certainly belongs to the tradition of lyrical pianists that goes
from Erroll Garner and Bill Evans through Keith Jarrett.
What Bebe adds to the lyrical tradition of the piano is a sense of folk-like simplicity,
with mourning melodies blossoming like shy night-flowers”
(US jazz journal, All About Jazz).
This month we bring you Søren Bebe, a formidable pianist who is one of the shining lights of jazz and contemporary music both in his home of Copenhagen and across Europe.
Among Søren's primary influences as a musician are pianists Oscar Peterson, Keith Jarrett and Aaron Parks. He also finds inspiration in the work of non-pianists such as Kenny Wheeler. Although taking note of other musicians' work, Søren's delicate touch on the piano and as a composer is all his own.
Our August 2018 album release is:
"Music For Ballet & Contemporary Classes" OBS 2 CD's - 35 tracks
Describing this album, composer Søren Bebe writes:
“This album fills in the ballet lessons strict form, in a inspiring and floating manner.
And as an added bonus CD 2 can be used as inspiration for choreography, contemporary classes or pure listening. Pianist and composer, Søren Bebe, has worked with dancer and teacher, Allan Nielsen, for several years.”
Allan Nielsen was educated at the Royal Danish Ballet School in Copenhagen, Denmark, but has also trained at John Neumeiers Ballet School of the Hamburg Ballet in Germany. Allan was employed as a principal dancer in Tivoli at the Pantomime Theater from 1984 to 2003.
He is the co-owner of Christianshavns Ballet School, where he enjoys introducing children to the world of ballet. Allan is fond of teaching all levels of ballet; regardless whether he is teaching children or pensioners, amateurs or professionals. Allan seeks to give his pupils a sense of organic flow that allows everyone to experience dance as a union of music and movement.
Søren Bebe and Allan Nielsen had a strong mutual desire to create this album, which can be heard in each song. The music they have assembled on this album can be used for all class levels. Click here for a soft and lovely sweet melt of calming joy.
Complete album tracklist and credentials:
CD 1: Music for Ballet Class
MUSIC FOR BARRE WORK
1. Introduction. Preparatory exercise 4/4. 32 measures. Time: 2:00
2. Plié 3/4 . 64 measures. Time:2:22
3. Plié 3/4 . 64 measures. Time:2:09
4. Plié (long version ) 3/4 . 64 measures + 8 extra, repeated without stop a tiny faster. Time:4:17
5. Tendu 4/4 . 64 measures. Time:2:42
6. Tendu 6/8 6/8. 32 measures. Time:1.23
7. Tendu (Fast) 4/4 . 64 measures. Time:1:32
8. Jeté 4/4 . 32 measures. Time:1:11
9. Jeté (Fast, with breaks) 4/4 . 64 measures. Time:1:10
10. Rond de jambe a térre 3/4 . 64 measures + 16 ekstra. Time:2:35
11. Frappé 4/4 . 32 measures. Time:1:01
12. Frappé (fast version). 4/4. 32 measures. Time:0:48
13. Fondu 4/4 . 32 measures + 16 extra. Time:2:02
14. Adagio 3/4 . 64 measures. Time:2:17
15. Grand Battement 3/4 . 32 measures. Time:0:45
16. Plié/Relevé exercise 4/4 . 32 measures. Time:0:42
MUSIC FOR CENTER WORK
17. Adagio 3/4. 64 measures. Time:2:11
18. Tendu 4/4. 64 measures. Time:1:37
19. Pirouette combination 1 (Tango) 4/4. 64 measures. Time:2:47
20. Pirouette combination 2 (Waltz) 3/4. 160 measures. Time:4:00
21. Pirouette combination 3 (Waltz) 3/4. 192 measures. Time:4:16
22. Petits sauts 2/4 meter. 32 measures. Time:0:48
23. Assemblé 4/4. 32 measures. Time:1:00
24. Assemblé ( faster version) 4/4 . 64 measures. Time: 1:35
25. Grand allegro (Sisonne men) 3/4. 32 measures. Time:1:08
26. Grand allegro 3/4. 128 measures. Time:2:02
27. Tour en l´air (men) 4/4. 32 measures. Time:1:16
28. Reverence 6/8. 32 measures. Time:2:18
CD 2: Music for contemporary ballet class
1.(29) Ambient 1. Time: 8:00
2.(30) Moving In. Time: 8:00
3.(31) Quietly Floating. Time: 8:00
4.(32) Sne/Snow. Time: 8:00
5.(33) Softly softly. Time: 8:00
6.(34) Tango Fantasia. Time: 8:00
CD 1. Music For Ballet Class
CD 2. Music for Contemporary Ballet Class
Composed, arranged and played by
Construction of class created by